WHAT SEPARATES US FROM THE REST
Our students think we’re awesome because everyone is free to express their individuality in a safe and creative environment that respects and praises difference.
Students are encouraged to enjoy dance as kids, whilst learning important life skills, making strong friendships, and having the best time!
WHY KIDS LOVE US
- Our classes are relaxed. There’s no pressure of exams or auditions for performance groups
- Students are always respected and given a say. From music choices, to costume ideas, and choreography – we value the creative input of our students and encourage our students to be co-creators
- Students get to see their ideas come to life, such as DD SRC, a student idea pitched in 2016 that was made into reality in 2017
- We hate tacky or barely-there costumes – and so do our students. We never make them wear something they aren’t comfortable in
- We don’t value ballet above all other styles. At Dance Domain, all dance styles are as important as each other
- They feel truly at home in a studio space that was custom-built for our students, and customised by our students. From the comfy couches, to the kids colouring table and play area, to the colourful paintings on the wall, Dance Domain is a home away from home for our students
- Our end of year showcase celebrates all of our students, not just a few. We don’t do solos, there are no ‘feature’ dancers, and everyone gets to be up front. There’s no hiding students up the back like other schools do.
WHY PARENTS LOVE US
- We offer a truly fuss-free approach to dance
- There’s no sewing costumes or making props – ever!
- Heaps of convenient parking, and even better, drive through drop off and pick up for busy families who are always on the go!
- We don’t have fussy or exclusive rules about watching classes or entering the studio space. Our space is your space. Some students feel more comfortable with a family member present, and that’s totally ok with us.
- Our teachers are strong, positive role models for our young students
- Our end of year show is a fun and bright event, with no stressful lead-up or rehearsals.
- We live local and we love local. We’re Inner Westies deep at heart and are connected to our community.